Mexican Style Cornbread Mini Muffins
These mini cornbread muffins are perfect for any event. One batch makes roughly 3 dozen mini muffins. These little pieces of heaven go great with honey butter and melt will in your mouth! I prepared the batter the night before and refrigerated it.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup olive oil oil
- 1 small can (approximately 8 ounces) cream-style corn - sodium free
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons diced bell pepper (red and green both)
- About 2 large jalapeno peppers diced
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
In a large mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and the baking soda. Stir to blend. In another bowl, combine the beaten eggs, buttermilk with oil, corn, onion, chopped pepper(s), and shredded cheese. Blend into the dry ingredients until moistened.
Grease mini muffin pans with olive oil. Pour into mini muffin pans.
Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes, or until cornbread is browned. Remove from pans once cooled.